Welcome to the Home of
Classic Golden Retrievers!
"Mariah" with her 9 puppies born on March 20, 2012!
Watch UStream re-runs of our
Puppy Cam 2012 at the link below:
These beautiful animals have numerous "Topbrass" champion ancestors in their bloodlines!
These "Golden Treasures" are worth caring for... just as nature intended!
We made the COVER of Raw Instincts Magazine -
Our three dogs: "Maisy", "Mowgli" and "Mari" (lying down).
We are currently working towards qualifying for
the Natural Rearing Breeders Association!
Our three: "Mari" Maisy" and "Mowgli". 3/10
What Does "Naturally Raised" Mean?
Naturally raised means that our dogs (and their puppies) are raised as close to how they would live and eat in the wild, but with human care! This includes being raised inside our home (the den), in a pack environment (with their siblings and other dogs as they are older), on clean ground (their huge puppy pen), and by having plenty of free access to fresh air, sunshine, clean drinking water, and room for lots of exercise!
Click here for more on What Is Natural Rearing?
Our dogs (and their puppies) are:
1) Raised on a species appropriate diet of raw meat, raw bones and raw organs. No commercial dry kibble, canned, processed, or cooked food is fed.... this includes grains, fruits and veggies - all dogs are carnivores! We follow the "natural prey model" of feeding our carnivore dogs and pups!
Click here for more on Feeding a RAW Diet
2) Minimally vaccinated, or not vaccinated at all, except as required by state laws;
Click here for more on Limited Vaccinations
3) Not compromised internally or externally by any toxic chemicals, (no pesticides, heart-worm medications, flea treatments, chemical lawn fertilizers, home cleaning products, etc.).
Click here for more about No Chemicals
4) Raised with their mother and weaned on her own schedule. She has free access to all of her pups at all times. Many important teaching lessons need to be taught to the pups, by the dam, so they will learn proper dog behavior and good puppy manners. This is best done naturally, as she sees fit, to appropriately to teach her pups some important basic lessons of living in a pack with other dogs, and with humans.
Click here for more about Emotional Development
5) All pups will stay in the litter with the mother until they are at least 8 weeks old. They need this crucial time together to learn how to play nice and interact with one another!
It ha been a fascinating journey, to re-discover some of the basic foundations of natural animal health care!! This topic has interested me so much that I am back in school, studying to become a "Doctor of Animal Naturopathy" from Kingdom College of Natural Health! It's kind of like an "Animal Life Coach" with a focus on how to care for your animals with all things natural!! We raise our dogs in a natural way while sharing with others how to do it too!
Going "natural" is not a new philosophy or trend, but it is as old as nature itself! It goes back to some of the very basics of nature and life... and it is the only way to care for your pet, in a healthy and natural way!
Interestingly enough, I have had to do a lot of UN-learning of many of Western cultural society's animal care ways, and re-learn the healthiest ways of pet care! That means digging for the TRUTH about many things like; the TRUTH about pet food, the TRUTH about vaccines and what is best for our animal family members!
Here is our very own "Mariah" on the cover of Raw Instincts Magazine from May 2012!!
Please keep reading and looking!
These puppies are 5 weeks old!! 5/21/09
Puppies are 26 days old! 5/12/09
This puppy is one day old!! 4/17/09
~ NIV Job 12:7-10 But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.